Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 medium cabbage, shredded
- 1 small green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayo, milk, lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper and paprika until well blended.
- Add the shredded cabbage and carrot, pepper and onion.
- Gently toss together.
- Cover and refrigerate at LEAST 1 hour for flavours to combine.
Tasted like good old fashioned coleslaw. I like it a little watery, so I added extra rice vinegar. I also used a red onion--to add a little more heat--and skipped the green pepper. It was great!
Tasty and colorful. I'm glad to see that others like coleslaw with onions and peppers. I used the preshredded cabbage and carrot mixture to save time. I didn't measure the mayonnaise, but I'm certain that I used a bit extra than listed. Great coleslaw; thanx!
my mom makes this too its the only coleslaw i like its really good