Recipe by jonesies
A red ribbon winning recipe from 1976, then featured in a Taste of Home magazine. Very hearty burger!
Top Review by Bergy
Definately a 5 star burger. I cut the recipe back to one 6 oz burger and omitted the egg. I really like the carrot & mashed potato they added extra flavor. Put in some mushrooms and topped the burger with Monteray Jack cheese, lettuce & tomato. It's a do again burger Thanks jonesies for posting
- 2 large carrots (grated)
- 1 large onion (grated)
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first several ingredients.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix gently.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Wrap a bacon strip around each patty; secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, cook burgers until meat is no longer pink and bacon is crisp.
- Remove toothpicks, place burgers on buns and garnish with your favorite condiments.