Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have been making this ridiculously easy bruschetta for years and it is always eaten up quickly and requested again! You can also add some fresh mozzarella to the bread after toasting or even some goat cheese; they are both delicious.
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/2-inch, slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid.
- In small saucepan, boil reserved liquid with garlic, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Chop tomatoes; combine with garlic mixture and basil.
- Brush bread with oil and broil until golden.
- Top with tomato (cheese first, if using) mixture.
- Serve immediately.
I used some leftover spaghetti sauce as well with diced fresh tomatoes. It looks really nice, and it's so simple to make. Thanks!
Mmmm, made this for brunch and it hit the spot! I used some leftover spaghetti sauce instead of the canned tomatoes. I put slices of mozzarella and a little cheddar on top and broiled again. Thanks!