Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
My friend Liz gave me this recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Stir in eggs, molasses and vinegar.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves- mix well.
- Form dough into 3/4" balls.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 12 minutes.
These are great with a big glass of milk! I had to really watch how long I baked these for or they came out a bit chewy but not hard. Thanks for posting this recipe!