My husband isn't a fan of zucchini and this is how I got him to eat it. I've also made this recipe with added beans, chicken, sausage or spinach and sometimes I spice it up. So go ahead and play around!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice according to package.
- 2In a separate saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, red pepper and garlic until tender.
- 3Add tomatoes and zucchini and season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Serve zucchini mixture over the rice.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Zucchini & Rice
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.6
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 164.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 6.0 g