Afternoon Delights's Note:
This recipe was given to me when I 'started cooking' by a close friend. It is a wonderful and easy dish. It keeps well in the refrigerator for a meal the next day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 1/2-2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups beef broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup light cream
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon chervil or 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1Begin cooking wild rice while preparing vegetables and other ingredients.
- 2Meanwhile, in a big sauce pan, melt butter.
- 3Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook for 3 minutes on medium-high heat.
- 4Slightly reduce heat (low-med) and add mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes.
- 5Add flour, salt and pepper and cook for about 3 minutes or until mixture turns golden.
- 6Add broth and 1/2 & 1/2 (or cream). Cook for 10 minutes.
- 7Add cooked rice and chervil or tarragon and heat through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.3
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 669.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 13.8 g