Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Nice, subtle flavors and a lovely presentation. This only makes 1 1/2 cups, so if you're having a larger crowd, you may want to double. From Southern Living. Servings are approximate.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- fig preserves
- Spray a 1 1/2 cup mold* with cooking spray, then line with plastic wrap, allowing edges to extend over the sides of the mold.
- Set aside.
- *Ifyou don't have a mold, you can use a miniature loaf pan, or simply shape into a log and roll in wax paper to chill.
- Beat cheeses, rosemary, honey and pepper with an electric mixer until smooth.
- (Or you can use a food processor).
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared mold.
- Cover, and chill at least 2 hrs.
- To serve, unmold the cheese onto a serving plate and remove plastic wrap.
- Spoon desired amount of fig preserves over the cheese.
- You can garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs, if desired.
- Serve with baaguette slices or crackers.