These chestnuts are a great snack to have on the holidays. You can serve them as a snack, with Christmas dinner, or even grind them up and put them on a piece of meat, which adds an extra zing to the flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut a large X in each chestnut.
- 2Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Combine olive oil, salt, and vinegar. Toss the chestnuts in this mixture.
- 4Cook the chestnuts in the skillet for 5 minutes. Add the water, cover the skillet and continue to cook for another 7 minutes over medium heat.
- 5Place a paper toel on a plate. Transfer the chestnuts to the plate.
- 6Pour the water from the skillet into a baking sheet with a height of at least an inch. Preheat an oven to 175 degrees F.
- 7Place a cookie cooling rack and place a sheet of aluminum foil on top of the rack. Place the chestnuts on the foil.
- 8Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. When opening the door to the oven, steam will pour out;it's hot, so stand back!
- 9Immediately after taking nuts out of oven, transfer them back to the plate to cool.
- 10Take shells off of the nuts. Serve with salt, and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Roasted Chestnuts
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.6
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 118.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g