Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 kg lean lamb shoulder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 4 cloves
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 8 green chilies, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons gingerroot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Marinate lamb with yogurt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Stir to mix well and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat up the oil in a deep wok (kadai).
- Mix in bay leaves, cloves and cardamoms and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Mix in the onions and stir fry until golden brown.
- Mix in marinated lamb stirring it well for about 10 minutes, until the lamb is cooked and tender.
- Mix in tomatoes and green chillies, stirring frequently until the oil separates from the gravy.
- Pour out little water if necessary.
- Sprinkle garam masala and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Mix in salt to taste.
- Decorate with coriander leaves, ginger juliennes and cut green chillies.