Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This cookies too good. I got it from one of my friends.
- 250 g unsalted butter (soft)
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 cup white sugar (granulated)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl(It is suggested that you use a stand mixer or even hand held mixer since the dough is so thick but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the wooden spoon method).
- Add the eggs one at a time. Then the vanilla.
- In another bowl combine the oats, flour, soda, salt and cinammon.
- Gradually add this mixture to the creamed butter and sugars. Then add the chocolate chips.
- Leave the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to and hour so that it won't be so sticky when forming dough balls.
- After the dough has sat in the fridge a while, preheat your oven to 375 F/190°C from dough into ping pong sized balls leave in the oven for 10 minutes, I like to turn the pans at the half way mark.
I can't say mine turned out as nicely as the photo, they looked great until they came out of the oven and then sort of flattened out!! But they taste really good, so the recipe itself seems to work well, I suspect it is my less than excellent baking skills doing the sabotaging! A nice crisp cookie, not too sweet, everyone really enjoyed them, and they were easily prepared. Thank you for this tasty recipe, made for PAC Fall 2011