Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Great quick snack and very delicious. My DH and I will often have these for lunches on weekends or when I just don't feel like cooking. I never measure what I'm putting on this; I just put what looks right - so my measurements are estimates. Very easy to adjust to individual tastes - for example I don't like tomatoes and my DH doesn't like black olives so those two items get put on separate halves of the nachos.
- 10 -15 tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons refried beans (or black beans)
- 1 cup cheese (cheddar or Mexican mix, whatever you have around)
- 1⁄2-1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (I use Salsa)
- 1⁄2 avocado, chopped (or mashed)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon black olives, chopped (or sliced)
- 1 tablespoon tomatoes, chopped
- Spread the chips evenly on a plate.
- Spread the beans on top of the chips. If you use refried beans, put little globs of them on the chips around the plate - these don't spread easily.
- Cover with the cheese.
- Sprinkle the chopped jalapenos over the cheese.
- Microwave for 1 minute or until all the cheese is melted.
- Spread the salsa over the nachos(try not to get too watery of salsa b/c that will make your chips watery).
- Spread the sour cream over the salsa.
- Spread the avocado, black olives, and tomatoes over the sourcream.
- Enjoy! We usually end up making a second plate.
What a wonderful flavor sensation with these nachos - easy to make & very tasty. Will definitely make these for DH.