Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
If you follow the times properly you will have the most perfect fudge! Use only butter for this not margarine or the fudge will not set properly, servings is only estimated. This fudge will make a perfect addition to your holiday baking tray, place each small piece into mini cupcake paper liners, you may omit the peanuts if desired :)
- 1 cup butter, cut into pieces (no substitutes!)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped roasted peanuts
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Place the butter and the peanut butter in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes on HIGH (I use my 8-cup Pyrex measuring cup for this).
- Remove and stir with a spoon then return back and cook on HIGH for another 2 minutes.
- Whisk/mix in the confectioners vigorously until combined and smooth (this might take a few minutes).
- Mix in the chopped roasted nuts.
- Cool to about room temperature, then chill until firm.
- Cut into small squares.
Will freezing it work if I thaw it again and then serve? Will it still be the consistency of fudge?
Definitely an easy recipe and a quick whip-it-up dessert. Love the 3 ingredients only and all things I would normally have in my kitchen. The timing in the microwave was perfect. The only reason I didn't give it the full five stars is because I feel like it should be a little sweeter. I expect fudge to be so rich and sweet that you can only eat one piece. That is not the case here. So, maybe a little more sugar? I'm not sure. I'm not good at tweaking recipes, but this one could definitely be sweeter.
For something so quick to put together, this was sooooo good. Didn't need to cook in microwave as long as recipe called for. Probably because I quartered the recipe since its just me eating it. Definitely going into my favorites pile, will be making this a lot in the future with the holidays coming. Thanks for another great recipe Kittencal!!