Recipe by Victoria A
This is my grandma's meat loaf recipe that she has been making for years! It doesn't taste like the regular bland meatloaf. It is very affordable to make and this one has a bit of a sweet taste thanks to the sauce you put on top! It is very simple and it is made with things that people typically always have in their pantry/ fridge. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do, leave feedback and let me know! Tip: I always make more of the sauce because its so yummy! SERVE WITH: Mashed potatoes, green beans, and a pie.
Top Review by linguinelisa
I wonder if this meatloaf wouldn't be better with just one egg instead of two. I had about a pound and a quarter of ground beef so I added some additional cracker crumbs (Ritz). I didn't bake it in a loaf pan, I molded it and baked it in a 10x3 dish as I usually do but the meatloaf wouldn't stay molded up, it spread out fairly flat. Maybe this wouldn't have been a problem in the loaf pan but I've never had this problem before with meatloaf. Some of the edges were burnt but the inside had a nice taste and the topping was good. Made for Cookbook Zaar cooking tag game.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup crushed cracker (Club or Saltine)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix meat, crackers, milk, eggs, onion, parsley, sage, and salt in a large bowl with HANDS.
- Put the mixture in an ungreased 8x10 loaf pan and shape it so that there is a small amount of space between the meatloaf and the pan on all sides.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 75 minutes or until cooked( usually just takes 75 minutes.) Check on it every now and then though.
- Take meatloaf out and spoon the fat off the top.
- Mix the ketchup, dry mustard, brown sugar in a small bowl and then put it on top of the meatloaf and stick it back in the oven at 375 degrees for 5 more minutes.