Simple and Delicious Meatloaf
I'm always trying to find a way to add extra vegetables to my families diet for a healthier bite, even if I'm serving meatloaf.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 lbs ground beef (80/20)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 3 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Individually process carrot, mushroom, celery, and onion in a food processor until pieces are ground fine. Add to mixing bowl.
- Process three slices bread into crumbs and add to bowl.
- Add ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Combine well with hands.
- Form into loaf on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour - 1 hour 20 minutes (until the center is no longer pink)
- Let cool for 15 to an hour.
- You can serve this right away or cut into thick slices and fry on the stove top for an extra crunchy-licious crust.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellent meatloaf! I made a couple small changes and one addition - left out the celery and because my bread slices were pretty big, I only used two; also added a barbecue sauce glaze to the top before baking. Instead of a cookie sheet, I used a 13x9 glass baking dish. This was great with mashed potatoes and couscous but will also make excellent meatloaf sandwiches later! Thanks for sharing! [Editing to add: The photo looks a little pink, but it was definitely cooked through, according to the thermometer :) ]Reply