Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup white flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or less)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 425°; grease pan and set in oven to preheat.
- Mix together dry ingredients. Beat together egg, milk, applesauce, and add to dry ingredients.
- Pour into hot pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- My dad likes it with butter, right out of the oven or later when it's cool, and I like it with homemade strawberry jelly. Enjoy!