Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is wonderful serve warm or cold, for a creamy lemon sauce add in 2-3 tablespoons whipping cream, fresh lemon juice is advised to use for this sauce :)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (can increase if desired)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 -2 drop yellow food coloring (optional)
- In a small saucepan stir together the water, sugar, cornstarch and salt; cook stirring constantly over medium heat until thickened (about 4-5 minutes).
- Remove form heat and stir in butter, zest and food colouring if using.
- Serve warm or cold.
I can't believe i'm the first to rate this delicious lemon sauce. Made to serve over pound cake.. everyone loved it, and put double portions on their hunk of cake.. served it warm. I didn't have yellow food color, will have it next time I make the sauce which will be soon.. nita