Recipe by Fandoos
Great, easy to make, soft puri that go well w/Aloo or Chanae or even Charisma's amazing Semolina Halwa (I think by the name Heavenly and Sinfully divine Semolina Halwa-if I'm correct). I've never made puri in my life, and I've sneaked this recipe from a professional cook, you cannot possibly go wrong with this one. Trust me!
- 2 cups sifted whole wheat flour (Atta)
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl combine the whole wheat and regular flours.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture, and add the liquid ingredients, and combine everything together using your hands to make a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into 20 small balls approximately.
- The balls should be small enough to make small sized tortillas.
- Roll out each ball on a floured surface.
- Deep fry, keeping the top side of the puri on top, until lightly golden.
- Ready to be served,enjoy!