Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this cake a while ago. I love making it and it has no fat in it. I've made it for birthdays and peeople did not even know that it was fat free.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. In large bowl combine next seven ingredients.
- In medium bowl stir sugar and water until sugar is almost dissolved.
- Add egg whites and corn syrup; stir until blended.
- Gradually add to dry ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake in 350 F oven for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack. If desired sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
OMGosh! Wow! I can't believe that this cake could be this good! Amazing. I will make this again and again. Perfect as posted. Thanks for sharing!
not very good
What a great recipe, I thought I had no options now that I am on a low cholesterol diet. So thanks for giving me something delicious.