Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The ultimate meatloaf recipe that combines vegetables and cheese into a meatloaf that everyone wants to eat. Makes great meatloaf sandwiches! This is a recipe that I developed 20 years ago because I don't like ordinary meatloaf but my husband loves meatloaf. This recipe crosses over very well. Quick, Easy, anyone can make it.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 (8 ounce) can baby peas, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups French's French fried onions, crumpled into small bits- not ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces medium cheddar (grated)
- 1 -15 ounce tomato sauce
- Mix eggs into hamburger, add oats and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese and 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
- If mixture seems too loose, add more oats until firm enough to mold.
- In a greased loaf pan, pat one half of meat mixture. Layer cheese over the top of the meat. Place remaining meat mixture on top of the cheese. Pat into place.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes, during last 15 minutes drizzle sauce over top of meatloaf. When meatloaf is done, take out of oven and let set for 15 minutes to let the juices absorb back into the loaf. Cut into slices and serve with fresh salad and crusty bread.
- Makes a great meatloaf sandwich the next day.