Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake is divine! It taste like a mixture of a moist honey bun and a moist cinnamon strudel. I can't say enough about this cake. My brother (who has never asked for any recipe) tried it and said he wanted the recipe. It was delicious! Simple, quick and easy ingredients. You have to give it a try!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tblespoons milk
- Mix the toppings first. That's brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon. Sit aside.
- For the cake, combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil, water and sour cream. Mix well.
- Grease 9x13" dish.
- Spread half the cake batter into pan. Sprinkle half the toppings on top. Take a butter knife and make a few gentle swirls into the cake. Don't mix too much or it will blend.
- Layer the remaining cake mix on top.
- Follow with remaining topping.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
- While baking, prepare glaze. Mix conf sugar and milk well.
- Pour glaze over cake while hot.
- Allow to cool partially. I love it most when it's warm.
Made this cake for my husband this past Sunday after dinner, he loved it was so good thoroughly enjoyed.
I made this delightful cake for Thanksgiving. It was the hit of desserts. It may have been because it was a shocker as to how incredible it was, but definitely easy to make and delicious! I would recommend anyone at least trying it. Take your time when layering and make sure it is evenly spread out, that makes a difference. Enjoy!
I prepared this cake for my Sunday dinner & was a HIT!! Everyone went back for 2nds, 3rds & 4ths plus took some home! Very moist, sweet & tasty. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make. The cake batter was a little thick & odd to spread but once the topping was placed over it, the cake baked perfectly. This one is sure to be a HIT!