Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
Rachael Ray, 'Just In Time'
- 2 eggs
- milk, a splash
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves or 2 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons stone ground dijon mustard
- 8 slices white bread or 8 slices wheat bread
- 4 slices boiled ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices herb-roasted turkey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs and milk with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Mix together the honey, preserves, and mustard in a small bowl; spread the mixture on one side of each bread slice.
- With the spread sides facing in, make sandwiches of ham, cheese, and turkey, folding meat and cheese as needed to fit the bread.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture and place in the skillet.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until deeply golden and warm through.
- Halve the sandwiches corner to corner and serve hot.