Recipe by Karen=^..^=
I had these at a local Victorian fair made by a catering firm from Delaware. I loved them so much, I had them for lunch and dinner that day! I tried recreating them at home, and after a couple attempts, came up with these.
Top Review by mariposa13
Made for Zaar Tag. This took no time to make and was really yummy! I did spread some butter on the outer side of the tortillas before I put it in the skillet. Thank you for a quick easy recipe
- 1 (10 ounce) packageperdue grilled and carved southwestern-seasoned chicken breast
- 6 flour tortillas (8 to 10 inch)
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- sour cream, for dipping
- salsa, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the chicken in the microwave and cover to keep warm.
- Heat a lightly oiled medium to large skillet over medium heat.
- Lay tortilla in pan and on one half, sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese, some tomatoes and onions and finally about 1/3 cup of warm chicken.
- Fold other half of tortilla over and gently press to close.
- After about a minute, flip over.
- Remove from pan after another 2 minutes or so or until cheese is melted and tortilla is just*slightly* crisp.
- Continue with rest of tortillas.
- Slice each quesadilla into 4 wedges and serve with sour cream and your choice of salsa, for dipping.