Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love these on a warm summery day, they are so easy to make and great if you are stuck for a dessert, they look great and have only 4 ingredients.You can play around with this recipe by using different fruits etc.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 4 -6 individual meringue nests
- 1 dash vanilla (optional, to taste)
- 250 ml whipping cream
- Wash and top strawberries.
- In a blender mix all of the cream and about half of the strawberries, add a dash of vanilla to the cream if using.
- Spoon into meringue nests and decorate with remaining strawberries.
- NOTE: I ''fan'' the strawberries and lay them on top for decoration,you can also serve with extra cream on the side if you wish.
- You can use different fruits for this dessert,I find berries best.
What an elegant, light alternative to strawberry shortcake! I made these for Valentine's Day, and they went over very well. My daughter added some chocolate syrup to her's. I made Meringue Shells which worked beautifully. Thanks so much for posting such an easy romantic dessert idea!