Kat's Quiche (Basic Recipe)
My sis is selling this at her restaurant for $4-$5 a slice. (Hope she is not reading.) 4 ingredients...what a cheap, fast, and easy treat or brunch dish. Hope you enjoy.
- Ready In:
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheese (sharp chedder is the best, or can use a mixture)
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1 frozen pie shell (do NOT thaw)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle a small amount of cheese in the shell.
- Beat eggs then add in the whipping cream.
- Mix until incorporated.
- Add remaining cheese and stir lightly.
- Pour in frozen pie shell.
- Bake 40-50 minutes until set.
- Note: you can add just about any filling and it turns out just great.
- Just be sure to lightly saute any fresh vegetables before adding.
- Sprinkle filling into pie shell before adding eggs mixture.
- Redistribute filling gently with rubber spatula.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This quiche is amazing! It was so fast and easy to put together and the taste is wonderful. I used a Mexican cheese blend. The eggs were so moist and fluffy it was almost like a souffle in texture. I will be making this again and again! We added Pace Picante sauce on top. Yum! This quiche is awesome as is, but I could also see it would be a great base for any kind of add-in you might want--like bacon or green onions, chopped tomatoes, etc. Thanks for a keeper Jaymee. :-)