Recipe by Dienia B.
I made this up when looking at www.epicurious.com recipes for figs. Not having apples or brandy, I made this up. It's REALLY rich; serve with ice cream and only a little crisp.
- 1 quart pears with juice
- 2 teaspoons brandy extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped dried black figs
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pears into a saucepan. Set pears aside.
- Add brandy extract.
- Add figs and cook for 10 minutes on simmer.
- When figs are soft, add pears and nuts; take off heat.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, sugar, butter and cinnamon until crumbly.
- Put fig mixture in a buttered 8x8x2-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with topping mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375°F until browned.