Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
i use instant mashed potatoes and this is a good side on busy days
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 tablespoon horseradish, grated more if you like
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- bring water and butter to a boil
- add milk and cook 1 more minute.
- add horseradish and pepper.
- add potato flakes
- add sour cream
I used Idaho instant potatoes because I think they are the closest tasting to real mashed and jarred horseradish instead of fresh grated. Only used 1/2 tablespoon of horseradish for DH and unsalted butter so I did add a couple shakes of kosher salt. Great potatoes and will be a keeper for us. Made and reviewed for Please Review My Recipe tag game.