Recipe by MarieRynr
Deer Valley Resort is a premier destination ski area in Utah's Wasatch Mountains. This is the recipe for the granola they serve at the resort. Taken from the book "Chocolate Snowball, and Other Fabulous Pastries From Deer Valley Bakery." The milk powder gives this breakfast cereal uncommon flavor and extra nourishment. Serve with milk or yogurt and sliced fresh fruit or berries.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 3⁄4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300*F.
- Mix the rolled oats, milk powder, sunflower seeds, almonds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and coconut in a large bowl.
- Measure the oil in a 1 cup measure.
- Swish it to coat up to the 3/4 cup mark, then add the honey to the mark.
- Add the vanilla.
- Pour the liquids over the dry ingredients and mix everything together using your hands.
- Spread onto a large baking sheet, about 1/2 inch deep.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after 15 minutes so the granola in the middle of the pan will brown evenly with the edges.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.