Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Gettin' your greens was never so tasty, or so quintessentially southern. I served this with plain old baked sweet potatoes, brown rice, and BBQ for a good old meal.
- 4 -5 cups frozen spinach
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1⁄2-2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Saute the onions, garlic, and about half the pepper flakes in peanut oil until golden and aromatic.
- Add the spinach and half the vegetable broth. Saute until broth is mostly evaporated.
- Add the remaining pepper flakes and all the vinegar. Saute until flavors are well combined.
- Add remaining vegetable broth if more saute liquid is needed or if a 'soupier texture is desired.
- Serve piping hot!
I usually just make plain buttered spinach and this recipe had a real flavor boost. My family liked it when I served this with my pinto bean meal. Thanks BrotherAdso for a flavorul new way to prepare spinach. Bullwinkle.
I loved the spinach! I only made about 2 cups, and only used about 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes. My husband even loved it and that's wierd!
Delicious. Didn't miss that this recipe doesn't rely on some kind of pork or meat for flavoring. Delectable AND healthy.