1 hr 30 mins
deep pan pizza recipe tested and tried by a pea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup coarse ground cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1Pour the warm water into a large mixing bowl and dissolve the yeast with a fork.
- 2Add 1 cup of flour, all of the cornmeal, salt, and, and vegetable oil.
- 3Mix well with a spoon.
- 4Continue stirring in the rest of the flour 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- 5Flour your hands and the work surface and kneed the ball of dough until it is no longer sticky.
- 6Let the dough rise in an oiled bowl, sealed with plastic wrap, for 45 to 60 minutes in a warm place, until it is doubled in bulk. Punch it down and kneed it briefly.
- 7Press it into an oiled 15-inch deep dish pizza pan, until it comes 2 inches up the sides and is even on the bottom of the pan.
- 8Let the dough rise 15-20 minutes before filling.
- 9Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. While the dough is rising, prepare the filling.
- 10Cook the crumbled sausage until it is no longer pink, drain it of its excess fat. Drain and chop the tomatos.
- 11When the dough has finished its second rising, lay the cheese over the dough shell. Then distribute the sausage and garlic over the cheese.
- 12Top with the tomatos. Sprinkle on the seasonings and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15 minutes at 500 degrees. Then lower the temperature to 400 degrees and bake for 25 to 35 minutes longer.
- 13Lift up a section of the crust from time to time with a spatula to check on its color.
- 14The crust will be golden brown when done. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Pan Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1316.9
- Calories from Fat 673
- Total Fat 74.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.9 g
- Cholesterol 159.7 mg
- Sodium 2414.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 54.3 g