A great snack from the cookbook Y'all Come and Eat by the Deen Brothers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1FOR THE SAUCE.
- 2In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, mustard, mayo, and honey until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use).
- 3FOR PICKLES.
- 4In a heavy pot, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil to 360 degrees.
- 5Put the flour in one bowl, the beaten eggs in a second bowl, and the cornmeal in a third bowl. Season the flour and cornmeal with salt and pepper.
- 6Dip the pickles first in the flour, shaking off excess; dip into beaten egg, then dredge in the cornmeal to coat. Lay on a baking sheet.
- 7When all the pickles are coaed, fry them in batches in the hot oil about 30 seconds or until brown.
- 8Using a slotted spoon, transfer fried pickles to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- 9Serve pickles hot with dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Pickles (Bread and Butter) With Honey Mustard Dipping
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.8
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 490.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g