Recipe by OCMom1
Low Fat and ligher in calories version from the Kraft recipes and I posted it here when I couldn't find a similar one to save for myself. It was simple and quick to make, you could even make the filling ahead of time and then assemble with crust and bake on night for a good week night dinner. Recipe calls for thawing vegetables but mine were mixed in straight from the freezer and it came out just fine.
Top Review by Sooz Cooks
Oh my gosh is this delicious! Rich and creamy and so easy to throw together for a weeknight meal. The only change I made to this one was to use leftover turky so I really had a Deep Dish Turkey Pot Pie but we will have this with chicken soon too.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup Kraft light zesty italian dressing
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat over to 375.
- Cook chicken in dressing in large skillet on medium heat for 2 minute.
- Add neufchatel cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Stir in flour.
- Add broth and vegetables, stir. Simmer for 5 min, stirring occassionally.
- Pour into 10 inch deep dish pie plate and cover with crust. Flute edge.
- Cut slits in crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.