1/2 Photos of Deep-Dish Apple Pie
1 hr 15 mins
Queen Puff's Note:
This has been a favorite in our family for many, many years. Red delicious apples are our preference. Inspired by Better Homes & Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and allspice.
- 2Add apples, toss to coat fruit.
- 3Transfer apples to a frozen deep-dish pie crust.
- 4Place second pie pastry atop apples.
- 5Seal edges together by crimping with a fork.
- 6Cover edges of pie with foil.
- 7Place on baking sheet and bake in a 375º oven for 25 minutes.
- 8Remove foil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes more or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
- 9Serve warm or cool.
- 10For a prettier top, may brush the unbaked top with milk, water or melted margarine or butter and then sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- 11I like to use heart cookie cutters to make a design with four hearts to allow steam to vent and then brush top melted butter and dust with cinnamon.
- 12May store at room temperature up to one day, refrigerate for longer storage.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-Dish Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.5
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 204.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g