Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Gifts from the jar. This is great gift for someone like a teacher, student, or someone who doesn't like to bake or doesn't have time.
- To toast macadamias, spread in single layer in heavy bottomed skillet. Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 min.,stirring frequently, until nuts are lightly browned. Remove from skillet immediately. Cool before using.
- Combine flour, cocoa and baking powder in small bowl.
- Pour into 1 quart wide-mouth jar with tight-fitting lid and pack down firmly.
- Place granulated sugar and brown sugar in separate resealable plastic food storage bags, forcing air from the bags before sealing.
- Layer bags in jar.
- Pack down firmly before adding each bag.
- Layer remaining ingredients attractively.
- Pack down firmly before adding each layer.
- Seal jar.
- Cover top of jar with fabric. Attach gift tag/recipe with raffia or ribbon.
- Gift Tag with instructions.
- DECADENT COCO-OATMEAL COOKIES.
- MAKES ABOUT 36 COOKIES.
- 1 jar Decadent Coco-Oatmeal Cookie Mix.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- 1 large egg.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Remove bags from jar; set aside.Transfer chips, nuts and oats from jar to small bowl and stir to combine; set aside. Remove bags from jar; set aside.
- Cream butter in medium bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar from bags and mix in well. Add egg and vanilla. Beat only until incorporated. Add flour/cocoa mixture from jar. Beat at low speed only until incorporated (dough will be sticky and stiff). Stir in oat mixture by hand.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten each ball with back of spoon. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are firm around edges. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet; transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
I skipped making the mix and just made the cookies - they were chocolatey and tender, a nice twist on traditional oatmeal. I substituted toasted chopped pecans for the macadamia nuts; I think next time I'll add dried cherries too.