Recipe by E.A.
Great appetizer. Looks nice garnished with grapes or you can slice off chunks and serve with a nice green salad. For best results put Brie in freezer for one hour.
Top Review by mollypaul
It%u2019s best to use a firm, fairly unripe Brie for this recipe. Freezing Brie for about 20 minutes is a trick that will keep the cheese from melting too much during baking, while still allowing it to become soft and spreadable.
- 2 (11 ounce) brie cheese
- 2 loaves of refrigerater French bread, Pilsbury
- 1 teaspoon Frangelico (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray 3-quart gratin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place cheeses side by side in a prepared 3-quart gratin pan, about 2 inches apart.
- Twist bread dough around cheese.
- Sprinkle Frangelico on top of cheese and top with brown sugar and nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 28 to 33 minutes. If nuts start to get too brown, cover very loosely with a small piece of aluminim foil.
- Allow to rest 10 minutes prior to serving.