Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
If you love cabbage rolls like I do, this is a great way to make them fast and still keep the flavor the same.
- 1 medium cabbage, steamed
- 2 cans tomato soup, diluted with 2/3 can of water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced fine
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- Cook rice according to package directions. Let cool. Mix the rice mixture well and set aside.
- Shave the ribs off the cabbage leaves and cut the leaves into 3 to 4 inch strips.
- Pour some diluted tomato soup into the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Layer about 1/3 of the cabbage followed with 1/2 of the rice mixture.
- Layer with another 1/3 of the cabbage and generously pierce the cabbage leaves with a fork Pour about 1/2 of the remaining soup over the top of the cabbage and repeat the layer of rice and cabbage.
- Pour the remainng soup over the top layer of pierced cabbage.
- Bake covered in oven at 350F oven for 2 1/2 hours or until cabbage turn a golden color.