Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My friend Deb made this for dinner the other night and it was wonderful! I begged her for the recipe and thought I would shared it on Zaar...
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup hot cooked long-grain rice
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
- Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add bell pepper, vinegar, mushrooms, italian seasoning and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cook 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve over rice.
This was fantastic! I felt like I was eating abked pasta sauce on top of my chicken. I increased the amount of mushrooms to the recipe to one full cup.