Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs cabbage, finely diced
- 1 lb bacon, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Fry bacon until crisp and well browned.
- Add chopped onion and stir until limp.
- Add pepper flakes, cabbage, salt & pepper.
- Stirring well so that all the cabbage is coated.
- Cover and cook over low heat until cabbage is limp and tender.
Great recipe! Stir fry is the only way to go for cabbage. I would only "adjust not change" two things, drain all that bacon grease and only keep a coupla spoonsful and remove the bacon then sprinkle it over before serving. Thanks for posting a great recipe. Another Deborah
This had a really good flavor, though I needed to add more salt for us. I used some of ~Rita~'s red pepper flakes she sent me, which I knew from experience were hotter than others so I only added 1 tablespoon. I really enjoyed the heat, but DH is a little more tender than me. The flavor of the bacon and cabbage were great together. Made for the USA Regional Tag Game.
Heavenly!! A welcome new addition to our weekly menus! Thanks a bunch!