Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my good friend Debbie's molasses cookie recipe. They are wonderful, soft and puffy. Perfect fresh out of the oven with a nice cold glass of milk! I am guessing at the times and servings!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Cream together sugar and molasses.
- Beat in eggs.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix together oil, water and vanilla.
- Stir into sugar mixture alternately with the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Roll out on lightly floured surface.
- Cut into rounds and bake in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly springs back when touched.
I tried this again. There is no way these could be rolled out. I even added an extra cup of flour, and the batter was still too thin to roll out. I spooned onto a pan and baked per instructions. They tasted pretty good, dusted with powdered sugar.
These are great Molasses cookies! My niece and nephew really loved them and I did too! Wonderful smell while they were baking and they have the perfect texture and taste! This is the recipe I will use from now on! Thanks.