Recipe by Ashley U
My fave chocolate cookie named after my fave chocolate shop in Vancouver, Canada.
Top Review by Claire #3
These cookies are great! I added about 2 tablespoons of orange peel and some orange extract to make Death By Chocolate Orange cookies. They were a little chewier than I thought they'd be, but they were good. They weren't overly sweet.
- 2 (16 ounce) packages BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coarsely chop 8 squares of the chocolate; set aside.
- Microwave remaining 8 squares of chocolate in large microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir in sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Stir in reserved chopped chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls on to ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch.
- Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute then transfer to wire rack and cool completely.