Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Deliciously moist and rich chocolate cake. A chocolate lovers dream! Very quick and easy to prepare. Our family's favorite cake recipe!
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (Pillsbury is best)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup crushed pecans
- 1⁄2 cup nestles milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup nestles peanut butter morsels
- 1 (16 ounce) containerof ready to spread pillsbury milk chocolate frosting
- extra chocolate chips, for topping
- pecans, for topping
- Prepare cake by the directions on the box and add dry pudding mix, then add morsels and nuts mix well with electric mixer.
- Bake as directed in 2- 8 inch round cake pans sprayed with Pam and lightly floured.
- When cakes have cooled, spread icing on first layer and sprinkle with additional morsels and nuts.
- Add second layer and repeat the process icing the sides of the cake as well.
- Enjoy this Chocolate Heaven!
very moist and rich...being on a tight budget i skipped the peanut butter morsels and pecans but still very good. everyone in my house gives this 5 stars. i don't think that we will have to worry about it lasting very long.
I whipped this up this evening for a coworker's b-day tomorrow. It looks smells Yummy! I uploaded a pic, hope it looks good! BTW, I skipped the pecans and peanut butter chips and used 2 cups of semi-sweet choc chips (1 in the mix, 1 on top). thanks!
Very yummy cake. I cooked mine in a 9x13 cake pan. I did not use the peanut butter chips (though I think they would be yummy) because DS does not care for peanut butter. I topped it with milk chocolate M&M's which the teenagers loved. Half of it disappeared the first day!