Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great and quick fondue for a light supper! My sister-in-law gave me this recipe. It's wonderful for our traditional Christmas Eve drop in!
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups grated swiss cheese
- 2 cups grated gruyere cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons kirsch
- white pepper
- grated nutmeg, and
- paprika, to taste
- French bread, Cubed
- Rub the inside of your fondue pot with the clove of garlic.
- Heat wine with lemon juice on Low heat and carefully add the cheese, stirring constantly in a figure eight motion.
- When the mixture is bubbling add the Kirsch and the cornstarch blending them together with the mixture.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes and season to taste.
- Serve with day old French bread that you have cubed, or fruit and vegetables.
We live 20 minutes from the Swiss border and this is the real deal! Very, very nice. Made it exactly as directed. Served with French bread and Granny Smith apples.