Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Our local grocery store was giving samples of these the day after thanksgiving using left over turkey. absolutely great tasting. plan on making christmas eve with chicken subbing for turkey
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) package Reames frozen noodles
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Melt butter in dutch oven, add celery and onion; cook until tender.
- Add broth, bring to a boil.
- Stir in noodles; add salt and pepper ( to taste).
- Return to boil, reduce heat, and simmer until noodles are tender.
- Add turkey and parsley.
- To thicken, mix flour and water; stir into mixture and cook about 2 more minutes.
DH and I both liked this. I was a bit devastated when DH thought these were my homemade noodles!!! I made the recipe just as Rustysmom posted, except I added 2 tbsp. of Jamison's chicken soup base as it needed more flavor than my chicken broth gave it. Much easier than making homemade noodles from scratch and pretty good! Made this for Bargain Basement Game.