Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An acclaimed chef in Colorado and nationwide, this is his dipping sauce for pot stickers etc. from chef2chef
- 158.51 ml soy sauce
- 78.07 ml chicken stock (or 1/3 bouillon cube in water)
- 2.46 ml mirin, Chinese sweet rice cooking wine
- 2.46 ml white vinegar
- 1.23 ml sesame chili oil
- 1.23 ml garlic, chopped
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1 slice ginger, 1/4 inch thick
- 2 scallions, sliced very thin
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Stir well to dissolve the sugar. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- Serve the dipping sauce at room temperature.
This was just ok. The flavor of the soy sauce so overwhelmed everything else it was hard to taste anything but soy sauce. I would recommend cutting back the soy sauce by half and adding a bit more of the other ingredients, especially the vinegar. Thanks for sharing.
Very simple and very delish! I made this as directed and served it with potstickers and everyone loved it - including the kids because it was very mild. Thanks Marra for a very nice dipping sauce.
I love this after I added a whole bunch of sugar. I like my dipping sauce a little on the sweet side like teriyaki sauce. I also heated it to bring out the flavors a bit. Thanks for sharing!