Recipe by Missy Wombat
This one has a story. Dave particularly liked this one brand of bought vegan cookies and wanted to work out the recipe. So he started with the ingredient list and experimented with various amounts of each. He took it to a vegan board. After various discussions and many batches of cookies later, this is the final version.
Top Review by i_am_a_crazy_beast
made 25. had a fine texture, a bit cake like though. a bit salty. maybe no salt needed. i also put less oil in and they still tasted very oily so maybe i should have put less. instead of 1/2 cup maybe only 1/4 is needed. but good though/ Thank you.
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup turbinado sugar or 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls then add the Wet mix to the Dry mix and combine well.
- Grease a baking tray.
- Make one inch balls which are then flattened.
- They don't spread out too much when baking.
- Bake in a moderate oven at about 350F for 12-14 minutes.