Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This little recipe is a hit for holiday parties and festivities. A nice addition to any snack table with a very elegant flair. You may also store these snacks in an airtight container for a snack any time of day.
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 15 pitted dates
- 15 pecan halves
- Let the cheese and margarine stand in a bowl at room temperature until softened.
- Cut in the flour and pepper as for pie dough.
- Slit the dates; stuff with the pecan halves.
- Flatten a small amount of dough in the palm of the hand.
- Wrap a date in the dough, sealing completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and dates.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Store between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container.
This recipe is a classic for stuffing anything for a quick appetizer. I use the same recipe and stuff them with pitted green olives, jalapeno slices, or small cubes of pepper jack cheese. Your friends will beg you for this recipe, trust me!