Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- In a medium sauce pan, mix sugar, dates, butter and milk.
- Cook for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add walnuts, and vanilla.
- Beat until it thickens.
- Pour onto a cleaned dish towel (NOT TERRY CLOTH). Make sure the towel is wet but not soaking wet--little over damp. Roll it lengthwise and put into fridge until it has completely cooled.
- Unroll the wrap and slice.
Very quick, very easy.Kinda butterscotch flavored. Easy to slice up for holiday guest.
A good candy recipe. I used wax paper to roll out half the candy (into two logs for slicing) and the cookie dough scoop for the other half. You could put some walnut halves or whole dates on top of each piece, or roll the balls in coconut. This is tasty, but it doesn't taste like dates. It taste more like brown sugar fudge (but it's easier to make).
My Grandmother made this EVERY Christmas! Brings back fond memories of the holidays.This is an amazing recipe and I'm sure I'll be making this for the entire famiy this holiday season! Thanks guys!! I've been looking for this recipe for years!!!