1/1 Photo of Date Crumble Bars
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was found in the 2008 cookbook, Fruit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, then grease & line (with parchment) a 7"x11" cake pan.
- 2Combine the dates & orange juice in a saucepan & bring to a boil before turning the heat down to low ~ Cover the saucepan & simmer gently for 5 minutes to soften the dates.
- 3Remove from the heat & mash the date mixture until smooth, then set aside to cool.
- 4In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter & sugar, then stir in the oats & flour to form a crumbly mixture.
- 5Press half of this mixture into the base of the prepared pan to form a smooth base, then use a fork to prick the base all over.
- 6Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 7Spread the date paste over the cooked base & sprinkle the remaining crumbly mixture over that as a topping.
- 8Return to the oven & bake for another 30 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 9Remove from the oven, cut into 12 bars & allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- 10Great served either warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Crumble Bars
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 204.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g