Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
For the man in the house.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 slices bread, cubed day old
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and cut in 1 inch chunks
- 8 small red potatoes
- In a bowl, beat egg and milk.
- Stir in bread cubes, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper.
- Add beef and mix well.
- Shape into a round loaf.
- Place in a 5 qt Crock Pot.
- Spread ketchup on top of loaf.
- Arrange carrots around loaf.
- Peel a strip around each potato and place potatoes over carrots.
- Cover and cook on high for one hour. Reduce to LOW. Cover and cook for 7-8 hours or until meat is no longer pink, and vegetables are tender.
Very good recipe, loved that veggies and potatoes were included so all I had to do was serve. Flavor was great...I decided to brush the carrots and red potatoes with butter and add dried parsley, very delicious! This recipe is a new family favorite!
Excellent idea for a meal in one place. I felt the meatloaf was a little bland but will make it again and spice it up to my tastes. I was in line at the grocery store picking up my green pepper and told the checkout clerk what I was making. She wanted the recipe, so I gave her my printed one and just the screen. Love love love food.com
Was looking for something different to take to a carry-in luncheon. Well this sounded good and everyone loves meatloaf. So I gave it a try, added a bit of worchestire sauce to meat mix because I always do in regular meatloaf, didn't have potatoes but had plenty of carrots so used more of them. Since we meet early and I go to bed very late, I actually let it cook during the night. House smell wonderful when I woke up and so I had to have a taste. It was very good. Everyone at lunch just loved it and wanted the recipe. We like easy but good tasting recipes because we like free time for fun. This one fits the ticket. Thanks for another great crock pot recipe.