Recipe by Northern_Reflectionz
For the man in the house.
Top Review by Chef Morgana
Very good recipe, loved that veggies and potatoes were included so all I had to do was serve. Flavor was great...I decided to brush the carrots and red potatoes with butter and add dried parsley, very delicious! This recipe is a new family favorite!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 slices bread, cubed day old
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and cut in 1 inch chunks
- 8 small red potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat egg and milk.
- Stir in bread cubes, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper.
- Add beef and mix well.
- Shape into a round loaf.
- Place in a 5 qt Crock Pot.
- Spread ketchup on top of loaf.
- Arrange carrots around loaf.
- Peel a strip around each potato and place potatoes over carrots.
- Cover and cook on high for one hour. Reduce to LOW. Cover and cook for 7-8 hours or until meat is no longer pink, and vegetables are tender.