Looking for an easy crockpot recipe for meatloaf? Well, here it is. Easy to prepare and oh, so easy to make. Put it all together, put the lid on, and relax.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form into a meatloaf shape that will fit into your crock pot.
- Put foil under the meatloaf in crock pot.
- Cut it long enough to cover the bottom and sides of meatloaf.
- Place meat loaf in crock pot and top with an additional 3-4 tablespoons ketchup.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-2 1/2 hours.
- I served this with roasted potatoes with parmesan and herbs!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm sorry, but this meatloaf didn't live up to my expectation. I thought the meatloaf was just ok. To add more flavor to the meat mixture, I sprinkled in some season salt and black pepper, and instead of topping the meatloaf with just ketchup, I topped it with a combination of the following... 1/2 cup of ketchup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons dry mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg. The mixture of ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and nutmeg, was the only thing I liked about the meatloaf. Also... I added the ketchup mixture/topping after 2-1/2 hours of cooking time, and continued cooking with the lid on for another 20 minutes. Perhaps I could of added the topping after the meatloaf had cooked for 2 hours, as I found the meatloaf was done cooking within 2-1/2 hours. Sorry I wasn't able to give this recipe a better review. I guess I much prefer my meatloaf made in the oven. Taste wise and texture wise, I think meatloaves taste better baked in the oven.Reply
This is a very good, simple meatloaf recipe. What I liked about it was that when it first comes out of the crock-pot, the meat is very soft and tender. The next day, the meat firms up just perfect for a delicious meatloaf sandwhich. I made a half recipe and it was done in about 2 hours on high on my crock-pot.Reply