Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy brownie bar recipe! Can never have to many recipes like this! 8)
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Chop 1/2 the white chocolate into very small pieces.
- Chop remaining white chocolate and bittersweet chocolate into large chunks; set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan--don't allow to bubble or color. Remove from heat and add finely chopped white chocolate. DON'T STIR, just set aside.
- With mixer, beat sugar, eggs and vanilla until thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes.
- Lower speed and add the butter mixture; mix just to blend.
- Add flour mixture and mix just until combined. Use rubber spatula to fold in chocolates and nuts.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake brownies until set, approx 30 minutes, until a toothpick in center clings moist crumbs. Just don't over bake.
- Let cool about a 1 hour, then cut into squares.
I followed the directions exactly, and I'm sorry to say that this dessert tasted terrible! It took much longer to cook, therefore it was dry. Plus there was no taste to the brownies, very bland. I couldn't even get my kids to eat it.